Women’s Philanthropy of Jewish Federation of St. Louis is hosting volunteer opportunities to enhance the holidays for community members living in care facilities. They will be making care packages to be delivered to these individuals for Hanukkah. In order to accomplish this, Women’s Philanthropy has scheduled two assembly times:
• Tuesday, Dec. 6, 6:30 p.m., drinks and desserts provided, children welcome
• Wednesday, Dec. 7, 10:30 a.m., drinks and snacks provided
The bags will benefit the Jewish Family & Children’s Service Chaplaincy Program. They will be distributed to elderly members to alleviate feelings of isolation and make them feel more connected to the Jewish community.
Women’s Philanthropy is also hosting a Hanukkah Hugs toy drive to collect NEW, unwrapped books, toys, gifts or gift cards for children ages 0-18 years old for families served by JF&CS. The following options are available for gift drop off:
• Bring gifts to either of the packaging events.
• Visit Amazon.com and send your gift to the Jewish Federation of St. Louis, attention Marianne Chervitz.
• Drop off at the Jewish Federation building by Dec. 9.
• Drop off at one of our satellite locations including the Jewish Community Center’s Early Childhood Center at the Staenberg Family Complex in Creve Coeur, Deutsch Early Childhood Center at Temple Israel, B’nai Amoona Early Childhood Center, Kol Rinah Early Childhood Center, Kol Rinah Congregation and Saul Spielberg Early Childhood Center at United Hebrew.
RSVP to Katie Sheldon at [email protected] or 314-442-3751 with your name, email address, phone and preferred volunteer date(s).