At 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 7 parents are invited to come back to school, and get a close look at how kids grow to be joyful learners and ethical leaders. Saul Mirowitz Jewish Community School teachers will facilitate hands-on lessons and share strategies to help children reach their potential. Break out sessions include:
• Hands-On Kindergarten: Constructivist strategies from Kindergarten teachers
• Learning and the Brain: What neuroscientists know about movement, second language acquisition and experiential learning
• What Difference a Jewish Day School Makes: The impact of day school on Jewish knowledge, identity and ethics
• Out to Learn: How (and why) to take lessons outdoors
• True Grit: How STEAM teaches resiliency and leads to success
• Doing what’s Right: Helping your children develop a moral compass.
Parents also will have a chance to taste socially sourced school-lunch recipes and test drive educational apps.
RSVP online at www.mirowitz.org/events. The school is also now accepting applications for grades K-8.
Contact Patty or Lee’at at 314-576-6177 to learn more about the school, or email [email protected]