Submitted by Carole Goggin
2 C. uncooked rice
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 C. sugar
1 stick butter (or margarine)
Cinnamon and sugar mixture- (for topping)
1/2 C. milk
1. Cook Rice [instant rice OK]
2. Put stick of butter in pan or casserole dish and place in oven while
pre-heating to 350 °.
3. In large bowl, whip 3 eggs. Then add vanilla, milk, & sugar. Mix in melted butter from pan or baking dish [after swirling butter around the bottom of the baking dish to coat.]
4. Add cooked rice and mix.
5. Pour back into greased pan or casserole dish [will be very runny].
Sprinkle top with cinnamon & sugar mixture.
6. Bake at 350 ° for about 1 hour or until top is lightly browned.
The size of the baking pan or casserole dish may vary. It will simply make a thicker or thinner kugel. [I like a 2 qt. baking dish]